Following a hectic September and October, the fixture calendar was shorter in November as many teams wound down for the year. November was the final month of games in the Ballinora 2021 calendar, and it sure was a good month.
Just some of the monthly highlights below:
– Our U18s had a wonderful 3 game P2 football championship campaign, overcoming Glamire, Carberry Rangers, and Valley Rovers to become 2021 P2 football champions. Well done to all involved – brilliant achievement. In the hurling championship the U18s reached the Mid Div 1 semi final but lost to Ballinhassig in a cracking game.
– Our U21s kicked off their campaign with a great win over Cloughduv in the quarterfinal and secured the U21B Muskerry title later in the month against Grenagh.
– The Junior A Hurlers were crowned Muskerry champions in October, but lost out to Dromtarriffe in the county quarter final in November. A super season.
– Donie Healy medal presentation to our U12s in Ballymah. Following that, the club made presentations to our intercounty players of 2020 (Shane, Ronan, Ivan, Michael) and 2021 (Neil, James, Nathan).
– Our U12s completed their 2021 season with a most enjoyable hill walking trek in the Killarney mountains.
– Our U10/11s finished their season with a great “Ballinora Fittest U11” challenge in the Kingsland Adventure Park.
– Congrats to Norma and Donal Barrow, winners in Rebel Bounty November Draw.
The sporting calendar has completed for the year for Ballinora GAA but the are two big dates in the Ballinora GAA December Calendar. First is the club AGM on 7th Dec. And the second is Dec 20th, the date of the first draw in the Ballinora brand new shiny Club Lotto. December sees the launch of the Club Lotto. This will be a very important fundraiser for the club and community going forward. Funds raised will be ring fenced for facilities development. The Lotto will take place every Monday night at 9pm. Please play and support our club. You can play here: https://smartlotto.ie/ballinora-gaa-club/
On behalf of Ballinora GAA club, we thank everyone for your support in 2021 and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
When you get a chance, why not have a look back through the club social media to get more details on all of the above – Twitter for match scores, Instagrams for photos and Facebook for more detailed information.